Monday, November 17, 2008

Kevin Epps at USF

I just got back from a documentary screening of the film "Straight Outta Hunters Point" by Kevin Epps, and I was amazed. His documentary was real, he was able to get the voice of the people, the REAL story of those living in Hunters Point. From gang violence, to funerals, to pollution in the area, to shootings... this director captured the essence of street life.

I've lived in San Francisco for three and never heard of this place. I think that that is unacceptable and typical of a lot of people who live here. If I were to tune into my local television channel it would tell me that Hunters Point is a dangerous place in need of more police supervision, or at least that's what the news would infer. But it's not more cops that this place needs, its HOPE. After school programs, role models, money, this is what Hunters Point needs.

Kevin Epps works with CurrentTV with some projects and I hope to get involved in them.

Below is a youtube video link of Kevin Epps talking about Presidential-elect Barack Obama.

CLICK HERE

No comments: